Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Welcome - let's get started!

My life has been preparing me for this moment - my first home eco-nomics blog!

First - who am I, anyway?
My name is Alex Jamieson and I work with food. I help people feel better, eat better and fix their health problems through diet and other holistic methods. (check out my website at www.healthychefalex.com)

Second - Home Eco-Nomics? What is that?
Well, many clients and readers of my e-newsletter are worried about their waistline and the bottom line. This blog is the beginning of a new movement - how to live a healthy, non-toxic, fun life without breaking the bank!

Third - What is this blog all about?
I want to share information so that my readers can have access to great ideas on health, food, self-care and creating a healthy home and work environment. I also want a place where my readers can share their great ideas - how do you re-use that cardboard toilet paper roll? How do you save when buying organic produce? Do I really need to spend $20 on a Halloween outfit for my kid - what did you create, you thrifty maven, you?

Any and all topics are welcome! I want this to be a one-stop, all you can eat blog for those of us who want to live lightly on this earth while easing up on the credit card.

Here we go!
Alex

1 comment:

doulaoblongata said...

I indeed look forward to reading yours and others ideas! Girl oh girl, I sure would've used sumthin' like this 25 years ago when I was just entering Motherhood and asking questions such as posed here. At that time, I stood alone within my community, always moving "counter culturally". Speaking to this, a friend once said, "If you follow the herd, you're liable to step in alotta **** (poop)!"
Longtime comin' yet it nice to see there are those willing to put forth effort to change.

Knock 'em dead coconut head ! ! !