Saturday, November 29, 2008

No-Wrap Pact Update!


Looking for new and ingenious ways to wrap up those holiday presents? Try the art of Japanese fabric folding, or FUROSHIKI. This origami-like method for wrapping up objects is the perfect one-two punch: use up random bits of fabric around your house while wrapping gifts for free - while recycling! It's a one-two-three punch!
Check out the following sites for directions:
http://www.craftzine-digital.com/craft/vol09/?pg=78
http://furoshiki.com/home.php

Any takers?
Be thrifty,
Alex

1 comment:

ember39 said...

What a cute idea. It would be great for housewarming and bridal party gifts. I always like to give cute hand towels or scarfs as part of a gift. Now I can make them part of the wrapping.

I wanted to let you know that because of your blog I didn't buy any wrapping paper this year. I used tissue paper that I already had while my brothers just pulled our presents out of a bag like Santa Claus. We also shared some warm memories of our mom because she never wrapped any of our presents.

Thank you.