Sunday, February 8, 2009

Don't wankie my Hankies!




Anyone who knows me knows about my little habit...my small predilection...my love of cotton hankies. I own over 20 of them. Mostly flowery, some old school bandanas, but all cotton. And all washable. And all so eco!

Several people I know think that using a hankie and then folding it up and putting it back in your pocket or purse for future use is gross....not so, I say! You can fold that little soft square up in several different ways so you don't touch a soiled portion more than once before washing. And you create much less waste!

It's just like cloth diapers - just for your nose.
(I find mine at flea markets, stoop sales, etc.)

xo Alex

1 comment:

Pramette said...

LOVE my hankies!! I thought it was just a "southern thing" but I'm glad to see you love them, too. Add to that my kitchen dishtowels that are bought from the same antique vendors/garage sales - the linen is beautiful and lasts so much longer than new materials.