Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Choose to Re-Use!

I love freebies - even better, I like walking down the streets of Brooklyn and finding great free stuff that I can use at home - call me a FREEGAN!
There are other ways to get free goods that you can use that don't involve walking the chilly streets of Gotham:

http://www.gigoit.org/index.php - a neat new site that offers an easy way to give and get free goods from other recycle-minded locals

or

www.freecycle.org (their motto - "changing the world, one gift at a time")

Give, get, recycle and save!

Best, Alex

1 comment:

Pramette said...

My fave freegan opportunity...find out what time your favorite bagel shop or bread maker (ours is a great French bakery) throws out their goods. Go by and pick up a great selection you can freeze (and eat on the way home!) before it goes into the dumpster.